I received an award from Dear Kitty. Some Blog. Thank you so very much. Dear Kitty. Some Blog is an excellent blog that I enjoy reading.
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Now to answers the questions: These will be the same questions I pose to my nominees.
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Ans: I seem to have a very interesting cross-section of visitors. As my blog is across between; family and historical stories, political commentary and women’s rights and issues. I am happy to meet all of them.
2. What is your favourite sport?
Ans: Golf. I enjoy the masochistic feelings of every bad shot, knowing that I will never get better. Yet today I sank an impossible putt, reminiscent of Tiger Woods on the 17th at Sawgrass while the announcer bellows, “Better than most!” Which confirms that I shall be back to play another day.
3. What has been a special moment for you in 2015 so far?
Ans: It was not a good moment, so I won’t elaborate.
4. What is your favourite quote?
Ans: “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!”
— Carl Sagan, Astronomer
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
Ans: Painting & Graphic arts, so how I ended up doing a PhD in Philosophy I have no idea.
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
Ans: The ability to write fiction.
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
Ans: None. For some reason, I was never interested.
Now for my nominees: (if you don’t accept awards, do not feel obliged to act on this)
Cats At The Bar
Back Home in Bromont
Blog of a Mad Black Woman
Meandering of Misha
In My Not So Humble Opinion
A Girl Named Wanda
There are so many more blogs that I enjoy, for those not on the list, know that you are just as worthy as the ones listed.